Student visa

Torre di Babele can help its students by providing:

  • Useful information on how to apply for a student visa
  • A certificate of enrolment
  • The documentation needed to submit a student visa application

Non-EU students intending to stay for under 3 months can apply for a turist visa.

Citizens of the following countries do not require a visa if they stay in Italy for under 90 days for reasons of study, tourism, mission, business, sporting competitions:

Citizens of the following countries must obtain a visa:

For stays exceeding three months, you must apply for a student visa, presenting the following documents:

  • Valid passport
  • Torre di Babele enrolment certificate
  • Statement of financial means to support your stay in Italy for the relevant period
  • Statement of accommodation availability
  • Health insurance

If you are planning to stay for over a year, you will need to apply for a ‘type D’ student visa.

Upon arrival in the country, you then have eight days to fill in the application pack for a permit of stay.

The application for a permit of stay currently entails the following expenses (these can vary):

  • INA Assiali health insurance – 12 months – 98€
  • ‘Marca da bollo’ (tax stamp) – 16€
  • Application pack – 110.46€
  • Mail charges – 30€
  • Support with documents and permit of stay application – 50€

By applying to renew the permit of stay more than 60 days before it expires, you can extend it for over a year.

Each country will have different bilateral agreements with the Italian government, so we recommend that you contact the Italian Embassy or Consulate in your country directly for more information.

Useful information:

  • The Italian Embassy does not issue visas for courses involving fewer than 20 hours of lessons a week
  • The application requires proof of payment (in full or in part) prior to the start of the course
  • The process always takes a few weeks

For further information, please contact us