Footwear: model design and development, prototype preparation and manufacturing
Course duration: 3 weeks
Lessons : 40 Italian language lessons + 40 lessons on footwear design and production
The course offers specific training for those wishing in-depth knowledge of footwear design, manufacturing techniques and industrial production, from prototype development to market-ready output. Course material refers to preparation of both men’s and women’s collections.
The course includes hands-on laboratory sessions for development of the student’s own designs and paper patterns, leading to creation of an original prototype.
Italian language course: two weeks, Monday to Friday, 9:00 - 12:30
Footwear course: one week, Monday to Friday, 9:00-18:00
· Analysis of footwear typologies, components and forms of construction · Artisanal and industrial production systems · Study and design of preliminary shapes (men’s and women’s) · Measurement methods and development · Technical design from base shape; preparation of paper patterns · Materials for shoe production · Cutting, preparation, seaming and assembly techniques for preparation of prototypes. · Workshop: making a shoe prototype
· Analysis of footwear typologies, components and forms of construction
· Artisanal and industrial production systems
· Study and design of preliminary shapes (men’s and women’s)
· Measurement methods and development
· Technical design from base shape; preparation of paper patterns
· Materials for shoe production
· Cutting, preparation, seaming and assembly techniques for preparation of prototypes.
· Workshop: making a shoe prototype
Languages of instruction: Italian and English
Note: Torre di Babele Srl reserves the right to alter the curriculum for satisfactory accomplishment of teaching objectives or administrative needs.
Italian language course
The Italian language component is offered within Torre di Babele’s standard Italian language courses. Courses are designed for all student levels, from beginner to advanced, based on a core structure of 4 daily lessons. Classes consist of a maximum of 12 students from varied background and nations. Particular emphasis is given to conversation skills, allowing students to express themselves and interact in Italian from the very first day.
Accommodations are available in single or double rooms within the homes of local residents (i.e. singles, couples, and some family accommodation). Bath and kitchen are shared. All apartments are centrally located within easy access to public transportation. Accommodations arrival and check-in are on the Sunday before the first course day; departure is on the Saturday following the last day.
Throughout the course, all students are encouraged to participate in a rich and varied cultural program coordinated by Torre di Babele and designed to complement the curriculum. The program is free of charge other than costs for transportation, entrance to performances, museums and architectural sites, and food and beverages.
The combined Footwear and Italian language course will be offered three times in 2014:
August 25 to 12 September
Footwear and Italian language courses: 2,500 € (40 Italian language lessons, 40 Footwear design and production lessons, cultural program, text book and course materials).
Accommodations: 450 € single, 330 € double occupancy (total prices for 3 week course period)
Italian language classes are held at Torre di Babele language school in Rome.
Footwear classes are provided at the prestigious Accademia di Costume e Moda.
For more information about our course offerings please contact us.